Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pour Moi!

Pour mes lecteurs de francais, ces chausettes sont pour moi! Pouvoir je dis, je parle le francais, je n'ecris pas le francais! (disclaimer in the event I did not write that corrently)
(For my French readers, these socks are for me! May I say, I speak French, I don't write it)
I am loving knitting socks for myself. I admit that with some shame, as I have blatantly decried sock knitting in the past. There is a little fear that the knitting gods will stand with hands on hips, brow lifted and judge me as a hypocrit, given my outspoken nature in the past regarding sock knitting. Here is the truth: I heretofore had never knit socks using two circular needles. I fumbled and fidgeted and fudged with double pointed needles. Skinny, skinny double pointed needles. Those skinny dpns and thin, thin yarn would like to have driven me over a cliff. Someone far wiser in all things knitterly than I made the statement (and published it) "Socks Soar on Two Circulars". (Cat Bordhi). Though I never read her book, I did view a tutorial on youtube and gave it a try when faced with the Christmas sock knitting trials. It took.
The yarn is Paton's Kroy Socks in Paint Box. I love this colorway. It is not self-striping, rather a kaleidoscope of vibrant hues. Delightful! I am following Easy Lace Socks pattern from The Big Book of Socks by Kathleen Taylor. I made the men's socks for Christmas from her book as well. I will set these down tonight to work on man's slippers, but will keep you posted on Pour Moi! sock progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment