Saturday, February 15, 2014

Head Over Heels

I am head over heels in love with this man, my husband.  For Valentine's Day, I knit him a hat to cover his head, as I've already knit him slippers to cover his heels.  He projects in the garage frequently, so I "stealth" knit this for him while he was home working in the garage.  When he came into the house, I had another knitting project at the ready to pop over this one.  

 The pattern is Bulky Knitted Hat by Kristen Omdahl.  I used stash yarn (yeah!) of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick in brown and white.  It's knit from the top down, and meant to be knit flat and seamed, but I did knit it in the round.  I used Jenn's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off to finish.
 I've knit him a hat of this yarn before (my own pattern), and he loves the warmth of it, but I did not quite make it large enough to cover all of his ears.  
 With this pattern, we're covered.  Or, rather, his ears are covered.  
 And now back to my Ravellenic Games 2014 challenge knit.
With my catghan on my lap.  Always.
Stay tuned for details about my entries in the Revellenic Games 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment