Friday, January 15, 2010

Resolutions Revisited

2010 New Year's knitting resolutions:
1) Finish a project a month. This was a resolution last year. Took me a llllooooonnnnngggggg time to get Amused off the needles, but it finally happened. I'll post pics of it later. I adore it and wear it often.
2) Convert a piece-knit sweater into a sweater in the round. Read Jared Flood's articles and instructions in Vogue knitting series (as well as having Knitting Without Tears as a reference).
3) Make socks for mom! Learn to knit socks with two circulars.
I started Simply Marilyn, from Best of Interweave Knits, immediately after Christmas and got the sweater finished in record time: two weeks! Need to seam it up, but it is knitted up. January 2010's first sweater!
This week I made a Cherry Garcia, with major modifications, for a friend who works out in the cold Illinois winters. She was most appreciative. I knit it up in Catalina Chunky baby alpaca. So soft! So warm! Unfortunately, I did not get pictures of this project.
Wicked's Cross-over collar in very fuzzy photo.
Started Wicked by Sarah and Rachel from Zephyr Style. Finished the collar and am an inch or so into the body. I'm using a very pretty tweed called Blue Passion from Universal Yarn's Deluxe Worsted Tweed. The yarn feels a bit scratchy as I knit, but it is making a beautiful fabric.
As to whether or not I made last year's resolutions...Nope. I did get quite a few finished projects in all: Juliet, Amused, the adorable Stripey baby stocking cap from Itty Bitty Hats, a Cherry Garcia for my sister-in-law, slippers for both my brother and sister-in-law, a winter hat for sister-in-law, winter hats for me, my man, and a friend, and a scarf for mom. Here are a few FOs: Pictures of Amused and Simply Marilyn forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment