Friday, February 20, 2009

Amusing Myself

I have made very little progress on the blog lately. I have made very little progress on Amused. Going to have to throw that resolution right out the window because this one is not going to get off the needles by the end of the month, unless I quit my day job and let the house fall to ruin around me. But, it's the thought that counts, and it was a darn good thought, that resolution!
I was at a training a few weeks back and during lunch break, I broke out Amused and amused myself with some knitting. The trainer came over and watched a bit. He asked if I was knitting a scarf (that's always the number one question). When I told him it was a sweater, he was very curious about the time involved. I told him it should take me about a month, but he wanted hours. Now, folks, I have absolutely no idea how many hours I put into a sweater. Don't even care to know, truth be told. He persisted in attempting to lock me down into an answer of hours, but I persisted in avoiding the math involved in answering the question. I am neither interested nor motivated to figure out the number of hours involved. He even threw out some estimates for me. Ladies and gentlemen, it was like a trial:
Prosecutor: How many hours would you say are involved in knitting a sweater?
Defendant: I have no idea.
Prosecutor: Would you say about 100 hours?
Defendant: I have no idea.
Prosecutor: More than 100 hours?
Defendant: I have no idea.
Prosecutor: Seriously, just a rough estimate.
Defendant: I have no idea.
So, finally, he gave up on me, watched the knitting process a tad longer and finally said "You know, you can buy sweaters already made."
I am pleased with the cable panels. There are approximately a gazillion stitches on the needle, as I continue to add stitches and add stitches with m1. I don't use cable needles, which adds to fun of this knit. I find cable needles cumbersome and clumsy and prefer to work without them.
Here are some new resolutions: Keep my blog updated. Try to knit more. Don't figure out how many hours are involved in knitting a sweater. So far, I have already met one of these! Also, need to figure out how to take a quality picture of knitting! I know the picture is horrible, but it's not the sweater, it's my picture taking abilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment