Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Month of Music

The boyfriend and I drove to the Quad Cities this weekend to see a Rod Stewart impersonator. His name is Steve Bobbitt. He was fabulous! He really worked the crowd; walking among the tables and posing for photos while performing. He had the mannerisms and movements down, the voice down, and of course the looks. My dad was most impressed with his sneakers, of which I never got a photo. Well, maybe I did, I'll have to peruse the pictures I took.
His performance was at the Rock Island Elks Lodge as a fundraiser for the Ladies of Elks dictionary project. The Dictionary Project, which my mom leads for the Ladies, donates dictionaries to every third grader in Moline.
Can you believe the lady here? The Rod Stewart impersonator man sat with me during his song so that I could have my picture taken with him, and the lady behind me, whom I DON'T EVEN KNOW, thought it would be funny to essentially vandalize someone else's picture. How rude. A friend is looking into how to edit the picture and get her bunny ears out of my picture. Can you imagine? !
This has been a month of music: The weekend before, we went to Rockford to see Motley Crue. Quite a difference in genre, eh? Felt like a couple of old timers at Motley Crue, as the kids in the crowd around us were all getting quite drunk. We ate popcorn and drank sodas. Yes, it's official, we're getting up there in age! Popcorn and soda at a heavy metal concert. I did not get to have my picture taken with any of the band members, nor did I get any good pictures. The camera police was out in force and I was asked to put mine away. They have no problem with people taking pictures with cell phones... I could've gotten my camera back out and tried again later, but I was asked nicely to put it away and I tend to follow directions. So, no Motley Crue pictures for the blog.
But here are a few parting photos of Steve as Rod:

No comments:

Post a Comment