Monday, February 4, 2013

Changing my Perspective

February is upon us.  I've been dreading February for a couple of weeks now.  It's my longest, most difficult month.  Have spent the majority of my adult life in Arizona, I struggle with the deep, long heart of winter here in the Midwest, particularly the lack of sunshine and outdoor time.  I've given this dread a lot of thought the past few weeks.  I have decided that I need to refocus and celebrate February, just as I celebrate the other months of the year.  Time to bundle up and get out in the weather and glory in the beauty that is the deep, long heart of winter. Beauty can be found in green grass under bare toes, as well as crunchy snow under layers of wool socks and rugged boots.

It is because of the long, dark days of winter that we are so joyous when spring arrives.  It is during the long, dark days of winter that we enjoy the extra time to lounge, relax and pursue our indoor hobbies.  It is during the long, dark days of winter that our houses feel so warm and cozy and welcoming.  It is during the long, dark days of winter that I can cuddle up in The Disco Blanket all day long and read a good book without regret for chores not done.

Welcome, February!

No comments:

Post a Comment