Tuesday, January 18, 2011

As Promised...

Yesterday started with some falling snow with a forecast for worse conditions as the day progressed. The announcement came over the intercom mid-morning that we would be having early dismissal.
Here's the drive to work:

This was the drive home:

Worse indeed! Had a nice, unexpected afternoon in the coziness of my home with some knitting on my lap. Mr. Tweedy's body came off the needles today, largely due to the amount of time I was able to dedicate to it yesterday. I'm pleased with it so far. Some of my modifications were a crap-shoot, but they appear to be working out for me. Of course, final product on body will be more telling!

I really like the cable ribbing, and am planning to do a larger section of it on the arms.

And so, as promised, Lisa came over last night with an absolutely gorgeous free-form loaf of hand-made bread. So pretty, I didn't want to tear into it. Of course, with artisan bread like this, it is an insult to cut it with a knife. This bread deserves to be torn into and ravaged! It is delicioso!!!

Should I mention here that it is sometimes prudent to complain to others? While I was trying to get a good picture of this lovely bread, I bemoaned the fact that I need a better camera or photo-shop so that I can take detailed pictures for my blog, especially of stitch detail. Lisa said somewhat innocently (I mean she knows me, but apparently...) "doesn't your camera have macro setting?" And what is that? I replied. She took the camera and said "Oh, here it is", and pressed the button of a flower. And it seems that I do have macro setting and was immediately able to take a picture of the lovely loaf of bread and later a picture of the cable ribbing. Yes, I have had this camera for 3 years. Go figure!

The bread has wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment