Thursday, February 23, 2012

Back-Up Plans

My fingers have been lonely.  This is for several reasons.  1)  I've not had any knitting going on with these fingers.  No comfortable yarn wound just so around my fingers to run through and instinctively catch on a needle and be pulled through a loop.  Instead, I've been clumsily attempting crochet.  I like have a back-up skill, or I like the idea of a back-up skill, because trust me, crochet is not yet a skill for me.  I love learning new things, there is an exquisite patience to attempting new skills.  But I do not have the natural rhythm with crochet that I have with knitting.  In fact, yesterday I did neither.  I needed a break from feeling clumsy and out of sorts.   Tonight, I picked up my knitting needles and began the first sleeve of Ingenue.  Ah, that's better!  

The other finger loneliness is due to the fact that 2)  my shiny bauble has been elsewhere getting itself sized to perfectly fit my finger.  I miss that ring.  I got awfully attached to it awfully quickly!  It should be back tomorrow.  I mentioned to the man how sad and lonely my hand looked without that ring on it.  I mentioned that I thought it would be a good idea to have a back-up diamond to wear for occasions such as this: sizing, in the event repairs are ever needed.  I mean, I will be wearing this ring for the rest of my life and there will happen an occasion that I will need to take it in.  Right?  The man nearly choked on his dinner.  He really needs to chew his food more thoroughly, don't you think?

Heimo resting with his mama:

No comments:

Post a Comment