Monday, February 13, 2012

Yes!

This man makes my heart smile and sing. He is the love of my life. This Christmas he asked me to marry him. It was a perfect moment. It was all caught on video because everyone knew but me (and maybe the 1 1/2 year old grandbaby). My sister-in-law slyly filmed it all. There was a little joke involved between Terry and me. It all began with the stockings. My first stocking present was the joke part. While inspecting my little joke gift, Terry went down on one knee and when I looked at him he said the most beautiful and wonderful things to me and asked me to marry him. He was holding out to me a gorgeous diamond ring. A perfect diamond ring. Simple and stunning.
Now, remember, stockings had just been passed out and despite the fact that everyone was in on it, my dad, in his glee, began opening his stocking stuffers. So, when all the ladies in the room started crying (as ladies are wont to do when something that gosh darn romantic is occurring), my dad says loudly "Why is everyone crying?". It's all on video.
When you don't know that you're going to be proposed to in front of your entire family (minus his eldest son, daughter-in-law and grandbaby), well, then, you're wearing jeans and a plain long sleeved t-shirt, and fiddling with your bra strap ALL CAUGHT ON CAMERA.
And it was perfect. Just perfect.
And I didn't say yes. Well, I did, but first I circulated the room, crying with the ladies, showing off my lovely new ring. My poor man stood there, waiting patiently for an answer to his question. Which wasn't a question how the answer would be...
YES!
Apparently you can create a photo from a video, but I've yet to figure out how to do that.
The following picture is of the ring, while blogging. It's now in the shop being sized.
How lucky am I? Lucky in love.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you and your man!!! We are super excited and happy for you. Let us know when the big day is maybe we can all make it down to celebrate this big day. Beautiful ring

    ReplyDelete